Do you grow wheat grass?
One pound of fresh wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to 23 pounds of choice garden vegetables.
This nutrient-rich grass contains 17 amino acids which are the building blocks of proteins.
Wheat grass retains 92 of the 102 minerals found in the soil. These minerals include calcium, phosphorus, iron magnesium and potassium. It is a rich natural source of vitamins A and C. Wheat grass has more vitamin C than oranges and twice the vitamin A as carrots. It is exceptionally rich in vitamins E, K, and B-complex.
Wheatgrass juice is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream and gives immediate energy.
* Wheatgrass energizes and reduces fatigue.
* Wheatgrass is a appetite suppressant.
* Wheatgrass juice improves metabolism.
* Wheatgrass improves digestion.
* Wheatgrass juice enriches the blood, removes blood disorders, & lowers blood pressure
* Wheatgrass juice is antibacterial
* Wheatgrass juice helps cleanse the liver
* Wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay
* Wheatgrass juice is good for skin problems. It improves complexion, treats acne, and removes acne scars.
* Wheatgrass juice keeps hair from graying & removes dandruff
* boosts the immune system
* calming the nervous system
* promotes regularity & helps fight constipation
* The chlorophyll present in wheatgrass will wash drug deposits from the body, neutralize toxins in the body, help purify the liver, and prevent aging. The chlorophyll also stabilizes blood sugar levels.
If you did not have access to fruits & vegetables, but you were able to sprout wheat grass, you would still be very well nourished!
You can juice it, chop/grind it up & add it to sauces, casseroles, smoothies, etc...
You can use a tray sprouter (I like Sprout Master brand best) or wide mouth mason jar to grow your wheatgrass.
Pour in 1/4 cup of fresh whole wheat.
Cover with water (about 2" above top of wheat) & let soak overnight.
The next day, rinse wheat (with cool water), then drain well. Do this AT LEAST 3 times a day.
Cover jar opening with cheesecloth or paper towel, etc... & secure with rubberband.
Keep in warm area, & expose to light (a window or small lamp work great)
In a day or 2 you'll notice little tails on your wheat. Within 4-5 days, beautiful green grass will fill your jar! Gently pull out the wheat sprouts & grass with tongs or your fingers...
*NOTE: In a jar, the grass will only grow about 2 inches high... In a sprouter, it will grow 4-6 inches high
Life Without Regrets
Life Your Life on Purpose!
Jennifer at age 31:
jennifer at age 44
My Amazon Best Seller!
Katie Garner - Chakra Art Sets